The bride and groom, Becca and Bruce were so fun to work with. They got married at Desert Highlands Golf Club, a private community in the heart of Scottsdale with a breathtaking view. The ceremony was on the edge of the course and where you could see the whole valley. They loved the view and that was important to them. A traditional wedding is not what Becca wanted. Although it was a large wedding, she wanted simple so they didn't participate in many typical traditions. However, they did incorporate a few along with a few Jewish ones. Family and friends celebrating their love was the most important aspect. I am always in awe when I photograph a wedding and see how the crowd interacts with the bride and groom. Such a fun-loving crowd!!!
When hiring a wedding photographer, there are several things you can expect from them. Here are just a few things.
1. Professionalism: A wedding photographer should exhibit professionalism in their communication, appearance, and conduct throughout the entire process. They should be responsive, punctual, and respectful.
2. Experience and Expertise: A professional wedding photographer will have experience in capturing weddings and possess the technical skills required to take high-quality photos in various lighting conditions. They should be able to provide samples of their previous work and demonstrate their ability to capture the essence and emotions of the event.
3. Planning and Consultation: Prior to the wedding day, a good photographer will engage in consultations with you to understand your vision, preferred style, and specific moments you want to be captured. They should also offer guidance on the timeline, locations, and other logistical aspects related to photography.
4. Coverage: On the wedding day, the photographer should arrive early and be prepared to capture all the important moments, from getting ready to the ceremony, reception, and any other events. They should be able to adapt to different situations and creatively document the day.
5. Attention to Detail: A skilled wedding photographer pays attention to the details that make your day unique. They should capture the small details like decorations, rings, flowers, and other elements that contribute to the overall story of the wedding.
6. Direction and Posing: During the formal portraits and couple sessions, a photographer will provide guidance on posing and positioning to help you and your partner look your best. They should be able to create a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, allowing your natural expressions and emotions to shine through.
7. Editing and Post-Processing: After the wedding, the photographer will spend time editing and post-processing the images to enhance their quality and ensure consistency. This may include adjusting colors, exposure, and adding artistic effects if agreed upon beforehand.
8. Delivery of Final Products: The photographer will provide you with the final edited images based on the agreed-upon package or contract. This may include both digital files and prints or albums, depending on what was included in your package.
Remember, it's crucial to have clear communication and discuss expectations with your photographer before the wedding to ensure you are both on the same page and that their style aligns with your vision for the wedding photos.